1923 - 2023
100 Years Alpine Inn
According to the name "Mutterberg," the alpine meadow is likely of German origin. In the charters of the Amras Provostship in Innsbruck from the years 1463-1469, the alpine meadow is listed as being subject to basic rent. The alpine area was probably sold by the sovereign between 1469 and 1494.
In 1627, six farmers managed the alpine meadow: Sebastian Lener, Christian Lener, Eva Kellnerin, Adam Kaltenhauser, Georg Haß, and Sebastian Haß.
On May 31, 1655, the now five counting farmers, Paul Reinisch, Kaspar Lenner, Adam Khaltenhauser, Bartlme, and Georg Ranalter, were granted a (catch-all) right.
In 1665, two owners are named, Matheus Reinisch and Adam Stern. However, since they only possessed a total of 5/8 alpine rights, the circle of those entitled likely consisted of more than just these two individuals.
By 1697, this circle closed, with four participants.
- Niclaus and Augustin, Ranalter brothers from Ranalt
- Anndren Ranalter from Ranalt
- Paul Starkher from Ranalt
- Matheus Reinisch, postmaster at Schönberg
Each of them could possess a quarter of the alpine rights.
In 1708/09, the number of farmers remained the same. During this time, on the Mutterberg alpine meadow, 72 cows, 100 young cattle, 12 horses, and small livestock were allowed to graze. Additionally, each farmer owned a "Kaser" (cottage) and a "Hag" (small pasture around the cottage).
On October 28, 1782, Michael Reinisch, the successor of Paul Reinisch, sold his alpine entitlement to Johann Andreas von Inngram.
The alpine share of Paul Stocker passed to Franz Mayr Stipler zu Bauhof, Sonnenburg District Court, around 1750. He sold his alpine rights according to the contract dated December 9, 1818, to Johann Tainndl.
The third part, whether that of Niclaus or Andre Ranalter, is unclear, but around 1750, it came into the possession of Matheus Ranalter. He passed it on October 19, 1786, to Joseph Ranalter.
After him, this entitlement was owned by Johann Etschmann, then Johann Ranalter from 1817, according to the consensus of January 22, 1821. Then, Peter Ortner owned it from August 6, 1829, and his son Johann Ortner.
The fourth part passed to Bartlme Strobl zu Mieders before 1750. After him, it belonged to the couple Matheus and Gertraud Seewald, who handed it over to their son Joseph in 1776. According to the contract dated January 26, 1801, Erasmus Kindl acquired this alpine entitlement. On January 17, 1804, Johann Adam Thaler acquired it, and according to the consensus of April 21, 1818, he sold it to Peter Ortner.
By around 1850, the number of interested parties had dwindled to three:
- Lorenz Steuxner, Schöberl am Schönberg
- Kohleggers heirs in Neuhaus, Wilten
- Franz Triendl, Marxner am Schönberg
Each of them could possess a quarter and also a third of a quarter.
Each had the rights to 26 2/3 calves, 10 2/3 cattle, and 4 horse grazing rights. Thus, a total of 80 cows, 32 cattle, and 12 horses could be grazed.
Finally, it should be added that the Fernau Alm, which was located near the present-day Dresdner Hut but no longer exists today, existed in 1825 and even in 1847 as a high pasture of the Mutterberg Alm.
Im Jahre 1922 ist die Alm komplett abgebrannt und wurde neu aufgebaut
Die neu aufgebaute Almhütte die ab 1923 Alpengasthof Mutterberg heißt
Since 1952, the Mutterberg Alm has been a private alpine meadow owned entirely by Franz Hofer from Vergör near Fulpmes.
In 1970, Rikki and Franz Hermann Hofer built a small hotel with 18 beds.
Today, the 4-star Alpensporthotel Mutterberg has 95 guest rooms and has been managed by Horst Hofer since 2005.